Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Originality Standards: This article has not been published elsewhere, nor has it been sent to a publisher for publication.
- Language: Manuscript is prepared in English language.
- File Format: The manuscript has been written in Microsoft Word format and does not exceed 8 MB size.
- Article Length: Article length is between 3.000 (min) and 5.500 (max) words including references, tables and appendices.
- Abstract: The length of the abstract is not more than 200 words.
- Keywords: Maximum 6 keywords have been identified.
- Font Type, Size and Spacing: Times New Roman 12, justified and double-spaced excluding references and endnotes.
- Page Margins: Margin standards are applied as 3 cm on all sides. The layout size should be A4.
- Headings: Use Times New Roman 12 for the title and all subheadings. They should all be centered, bold, and written in title case.
- Tables and Figures: Tables and Figures contain Titles and Numbers. Figures are in tif, .jpeg, or .bmp formats with at least 300dpi resolution and minimum 10cm wide.
- References: References are prepared in Chicago 17th ed. Author-Date style. Use Times New Roman 11 for endnotes and references. References should be left-aligned while endnotes should be justified.
Thematic articles should not exceed 5500 words excluding notes. Authors should also send a 200-word abstract with four to six keywords as well as a 100-word short biography of themselves.
General articles should not exceed 5500 words excluding notes. Authors should also send a 200-word abstract with four to six keywords as well as a 100-word short biography of themselves.
Book reviews should be between 1500 and 2000 words excluding notes and include a 100-word short biography of the book reviewer(s). Ecocene publishes book reviews on a rolling basis. For further information on how to contribute as a book reviewer, please contact our Book Review Editor, Fatma Aykanat (email@example.com).
Submissions of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, nature narratives and more-than-human voices should be up to 3000 words. For further information on how to contribute to Storying Ecocenes, please contact our Managing Editor, Hakan Yılmaz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submissions of interdisciplinary projects, sound works, podcasts, performances, site-specific works, installations, animation,video, visual art, photography, and drawings are welcome. To contribute, please send a 100-word biography, 200-word abstract, 4-6 keywords, 1000-1500-word artist statement, 4-6 digital images (300 dpi), and sound or video links to Ecocene Arts Editor, prOphecy sun (email@example.com).
All manuscripts which are submitted to the Ecocene: Cappadocia Journal of Environmental Humanities should not be published, accepted and submitted for publication elsewhere.
In case an article is accepted for publication it is allowed to combine the article with other researches, to conduct a new research on the article or to make different arrangements on condition that the same license is used including the commercial purpose.
As an author of an article published in Ecocene: Cappadocia Journal of Environmental Humanities you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
I, as the Author/Corresponding Author of the above-stated article (“Article” hereafter), hereby submit the Article for publication in Ecocene: Cappadocia Journal of Environmental Humanities (“Journal” hereafter), a publication of Cappadocia University Press (Kapadokya Üniversitesi Yayınları) (“Publisher” hereafter).
I, as the Author/Corresponding Author of the Article, accept, declare and confirm that the Article, which I submitted to the Publisher and the Journal, a publication of Cappadocia University Press (Kapadokya Üniversitesi Yayınları), and which I prepared in compliance with the Journal’s guidelines and publication terms with the prospect of its publication is original; that no part of it is plagiarized; that it has not been published before partially or completely as it is accepted by the Journal; that it has not been simultaneously submitted for review and/or publication by another publisher; that I have clearly stated in a footnote on the first page of the Article the name(s) of any conferences in which any earlier versions of the Article have been delivered but not published in any conference proceedings (if any), or any other publication(s) in which any earlier versions of the Article have been published (if any); that I agree to indemnify the Journal and the Publisher against any claim or action alleging facts which, if true, constitute a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or other provisions of this agreement, as well as against any related damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses incurred by the Journal and the Publisher at any time; that I agree to transfer to the Journal and the Publisher all publication rights, in any medium, of the Article that includes the necessary revisions/corrections incorporated in the text by the editor(s) of the Journal as of the date of publication of the Article.
I, as the Author/Corresponding Author of the Article, by signing this form;
- warrant that I am signing on behalf of all authors of the Article, and that I have the authority to act as their agent for the purpose of entering into this agreement;
- agree to grant a Creative Commons copyright license in the Article to the general public, in particular a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY), which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/;
- agree to require that a citation to the original publication of the Article in the Journal be included in any attribution statement satisfying the attribution requirement of the Creative Commons license of the previous paragraph;
- warrant that the use of the text, tables and images (if applicable) that are part of the Article does not invade anyone’s copyrights or otherwise violate any legal rights of anyone;
- declare that the Journal and/or the Publisher do(es) not carry any responsibility in case of any claim or action by third parties related to violation of copyrights; that the Author/Corresponding Author solely has the complete responsibility in such cases;
- accept and declare that I assign all exclusive rights for the processing, production, representation, printing, publication and distribution rights, including the rights on the internet, of the Article to the Journal and the Publisher and its authorized officials for an unlimited time as of the date of the signing of this agreement;
- accept and declare that I retain all exclusive patenting rights (if any) and all exclusive copyrights of the Article, as well as the rights to use the Article in future publications and works and to reproduce the Article for other personal uses, all completely free of charge.
- accept and declare that all authors of the Article retain the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the Article through postal services and electronic means;
- accept and declare that the Article is original; that it has not been published before partially or completely as it is accepted by the Journal in another peer-reviewed or non-peer-reviewed journal, a book or an edited collection of essays; that is has not been simultaneously submitted for review and/or publication by another Publisher;
- warrant that the Article does not have any other author(s) than the Author/Corresponding Author and those represented by the Corresponding Author; that I have the complete and unhindered authority to enter into this agreement;
- warrant that the article does not libel anyone, invade anyone’s copyrights or otherwise violate any statutory or common law right of anyone;
- warrant that I have made all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of any factual information contained in the Article and that I agree to indemnify the Publisher against any claim or action alleging facts which, if true, constitute a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or other provisions of this agreement, as well as against any related damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses incurred by the Publisher.
- accept and declare that the articles of this agreement will bind and benefit our respective assigns and successors in interest;
- accept and declare that this agreement will terminate if the Publisher does not publish, in any medium, the Article within one year of the date of the Author’s/Corresponding Author’s signature.
Names and Last Names of All Authors of the Article, including the Corresponding Author